The MMO-Champion Scoop

28 April 2011

4.1 Observations

All I can say is wow!

They did buff the DPS of Frost DKs. I think it is a buff well-deserved, after a long stretch of frustrations and trying your best to keep that overall dps up but you still felt like you could do higher, but nothing's happening.

Perhaps it is fine on your end, but on mine, it was really bad. I had inconsistent latency as of late, and that affects Frost DPS immediately. Fortunately, this patch had remedied those.

The glaring change would be the stat weights, and how HASTE now is vital to one's success. Yes, I have tried the pre-4.1 spec to the post 4.1 spec, and there is indeed a DPS increase if you go Unholy Presence and Prioritize haste over mastery.

With the change of dynamic on the runes and how haste really helps your rune regen, it is a beautiful and fun system when you start your DPS. Take care though, you can pretty much grab aggro instantly.

For those not ready or does not want to change your pre 4.1 spec, no worries for you. At the moment, it is VERY competitive, and I tried that on my first random daily heroic before actually doing research, and it was surprisingly boss. So you can stick with that for now. But come on, the movement bonus you get from UP is just lovely. Based from loose observations, it would also be best if you are able to get your haste rating to break 1000. If you do that, I think you will be benefiting greatly from the new spec. If you are unable to do so, might as well stick to your guns before trying to reforge/respec. It might not do you any good.

I have only tried Zul Aman. Now it is boring in my opinion. It is boring simply because I tanked that instance. Okay, seriously, it is just too long. I do not want a raid-like instance (well I think that was what it was back in BC) just to get some valor. If they made it 300+ valor per run, that would have been worth your while. 140, while it is a lot, just does not justify such runs. I was tired, I wished I raided instead to be honest.

It may not be the most competitive or highest DPS output (I have not checked other DPS sims or whatnot), I surely felt like this earlier when I DPS'd:

No comments:

Post a Comment