The MMO-Champion Scoop

22 May 2011

Some hotfixes and the Quest for Zin'rokh

We were one of the few classes that got a nerfbat. Damn. It is not that significant, but a nerf nonetheless.

As of 19 May 2011

  • Howling Blast has been reduced by approximately 8-9%
  • Obliterate has been reduced from 160% to 150% base weapon damage
  • Necrotic Strike's AP coefficient has been reduced from 0.75 to 0.7.
Oh well.

There have been "shadowfrost" builds available that will focus more on Howling Blasts. In my opinion, I do not think it will do you any good really unless you are mainly on multiple targets. The nerf, while it will be felt, is not significant to actually change everything or respec entirely. I have a fellow DK in the raid team that rolls with the pre 4.1 DK dps priorities and spec and all that jazz and he's doing fine. From experience, you will feel the Haste advantage kick in once you break the 70% mark (or around 1500 haste) before you actually see significant gains. It can get frustrating really.

Hopefully, I do get the Arch sword. Just to simply avoid loot drama on Nefarian if ever it does occur. I am not a loot whore, but I do know when I deserve things, but it also does not count out other people that deserve it. And I always think being in the game only for raids and almost for nothing else, it will benefit my fellow raider as they are on more often. So if I can my hands on the Arch sword, then I have my BiS. Pretty much the same as the Ashkandi. Yummy weapon speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment