The MMO-Champion Scoop

26 April 2011

New Patch, New Beginnings

If real life could be patched like the game, things would have been easier.

I decided to reset my User Interface (UI). I have been using LUI for quite some time, and it is great. However, not being the author of it, or having full knowledge of the nooks and crannies of that UI, I cannot help but think that I am not being able to use it to its fullest potential.

It is common knowledge that addons or custom UIs break when big patches do come in, so everyone will have to do a readycheck of their addons and see what is broken. So instead of checking it, I will flush it clean.

Naturally, it will sacrifice the aesthetics. Come to think of it, it will only sacrifice the panels I love. Not a huge tradeoff when you have access and knowledge of your UI inside and out. It does not affect my gaming significantly using other custom UIs as I play with only the bare essentials, but it does restrict myself in attempting to play around with the other addons available out there. An example would be that I will now use Skada instead of Recount. Not a huge difference if you know your UI, but it will mess up things a little bit in LUI. Regardless if there is help as how to go around it, why bother with too much when you can deal with so little?

With all the things going on in real life, I got lazy with my gaming, not only when I picked it up when I had spare time to play did everything improve. This time there is a patch coming as well, and everything will be different from my perspective.

So, what about your UIs, fix or flush?

No comments:

Post a Comment