The MMO-Champion Scoop

12 May 2011

4.1 Hotfixes 11 May 2011, among other things

Yes, please check the left part of this blog for the updated feeds on Blizzard forums. Cheers!

In relation to WoW losing more and more subscribers, I am also in that burnout phase or in limbo.

I think it is really about being able to do so many things, and it can be repetitive most of the time. I do want an alt that I can play, that will earn me gold, that will shift some pressure off my gaming (as sometimes your main can be toxic) and chill.

So like my study schedule, I will be drafting a plan as well for my gaming, as I have very limited time to play the game. This will keep things interesting and will not burn myself out (I hope). I believe it will not for several reasons:

1. I have no idea of what other game to play, or do I have time (NBA 2k11 is already awesome enough for now)
2. I cannot think of any other game that persists and evolves as we do (even if it is crap at times)
3. Familiarity makes it less time-consuming and fun

Being familiar with the game, playing it for a little over two years (I think), all you have to do is try to set up your little empire and everything will fix itself. Since everything's organized, you have plans for your toons, you know what to do already the next time you log on. If you plan this, things will be seamless and more fun. At least once you have that free time, you know exactly what to do.

Another source of my burnout naturally, would be that I have very high standards for myself, it is a game first and foremost, and this much I should not forget.

Play on, playah. She'donk!

No comments:

Post a Comment