The MMO-Champion Scoop

10 May 2011

WoW loses 600k Subscribers, my 2c.

I have read in MMO-Champion this article. It had said that the decline was faster as compared to other expansions. They also said that it was not a surprise.

I agree.

I started off Wrath, and I had tons of fun. Right now in Cataclysm, I am not having that much of a blast. I certainly welcomed the challenge that came with it, but now it gets tedious.

I honestly think that the knock on having such an awesome expansion is that there are just so much stuff that you can possibly do, and you have no idea where to start. They have made the game so accessible and fluid, but they did provide TONS, yes, TONS OF OPTIONS or roads that will make you enjoy the game. I would rather they focus on fixing and improving their latency on this side of the globe, before actually adding more options.

Based from observation, I have seen several veterans retire, RL friends leave, and us that remain, do not feel as pumped to actually raid. I do not think my love for the game had actually wavered. I just think I get stressed by not knowing where to start, how to go about it, when I only have so little time to play the game. I have so much raid rust I need to practice, okay, what about dailies? What about TB, BGs, Arena? What about making yourself some money by having an alt that you will fall in love with (and I have not fallen in love with any other toon which hampers my earning capacity).

I am a loyal gamer to my toon, but I do need a money-maker, and I cannot get myself to play an alt for a long, long time. It is not because I do not want to. Heck, I am finding reasons to actually log off my main and try to do something else, but I just do not know what class will make me as comfortable as DKs. First time I saw and heard DKs, I was in. I played the game for this class (well, from persuasive friends as well). I started it, leveled it, goLinkt good in it, and I never looked back. But I still need that other toon. Investing on the raiding aspect and such will burn you out. You need a break in-game as well. Ironic.

That's it for now. Not surprising, I myself have thought about taking a break, and already have "semi" taken a break. I just want laid-back chillin' like a villain smashing stuff.

Chill with this instead:

No comments:

Post a Comment